Schedule for April 2nd - 29th
Image: courtesy of Dragonfly04041
Save Our Seeker Contest - April 2012
We have more intel about key people we should send our letters to. We've been writing to The CW's Mark Pedowitz for a while, and it's now time to focus our energy on him. Ken Biller is still very important, so we'll get back to him next month.
We are launching a new letter/postcard writing contest, and this month, we'll have two prizes: a 8x10 photo signed by Bridget Regan, and a bookplate signed by Terry Goodkind. Thank you Susie for donating Bridget's photo, and Terry Goodkind for the bookplate!
To enter the contest, you'll need to snap a photo of your Journey Book Campaign letter, or postcard, or greeting card, and any other item you're sending. Please refer to the forum post by OfficialTG and the Noteworthy Campaigns section of this post for great ideas on getting noticed. Photos with Seeker fans at the conventions have been well received.
Contest winners selected at random and will be notified via email. They will be required to submit their name and a valid shipping address in order to receive prizes.
Every week during the month of April, please write to:
Contacting Mark Pedowitz
3300 W. Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505
- Contest start date: April 2, 2012
- Contest end date: April 29, 2012
- All valid entries must be photos (no scanned copies) of your letters or postcards. If your entry contains digital artwork, please print it out and incorporate it into a letter or postcard, then take a photo or scan it before submitting.
- The photo should also contain an addressed envelope or postcard with proper postage applied.
- Email your photo TO: SOScontest.firstname.lastname@example.org and CC:email@example.com. Your photo will be automatically posted to the contest photo album at http://photobucket.com/SOScontest. You will receive a confirmation email from photobucket after your submission is complete. If you do not receive your confirmation email and you do not see your submission in the SOScontest photobucket album, you may need to resubmit your entry.
- Multiple entries are allowed and highly encouraged!
- No fee is required to enter the contest.
- Contest is open to fans worldwide.
Feel free to post a pic of your letter on your Facebook and/or Twitter account, or any other social network. Add @SaveOurSeeker so we can re-tweet your post.
- SaveOurSeeker.com: Over $39,000 raised in support of the series
- Three ads [1, 2] in major entertainment publications (Variety, THR x2)
- Bus Shelter ad [photo here]
- Variety.com banner ad [shown here]
- Google ads [screenshot here]
- Facebook banner ad [found here]
- Over 430 Season 1 & 2 DVDs donated to public libraries in the US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand - with support from Terry Goodkind, Craig Horner, and Bridget Regan! Complete list of donations: http://www.saveourseeker.com/dvd.html
- International fan videos [LOTSvideo] and Save Our Seeker video from DragonCon [link]
- The Seeker Cast podcast [TheSeekerCast.com]
- The Seeker Wall - Faces of real fans who refuse to give up: [SeekerWall.com]
- More than 418,000 fans on the official Seeker page are still hoping for Season 3, http://www.facebook.com/LegendoftheSeeke
- Over 52,000 (with a goal of 50,000) signatures on Petition Spot, making it the third most signed entertainment-related petition: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/LO
- Fan tables at conventions around the world [calendar here].
Thank you for your continued participation! "Just gotta keep our voices clamoring, politely but consistently, and the more voices the better."
Mark Your Calendars!
- April 25th: Deadline to vote for the Fangoria Awards. Tabrett Bethell is nominated for the Best Actress Award for her performance in 'The Clinic.' Choose one nominee from every category (the last two categories are open ended) and send your nominees (one per person) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Here's the list of nominees: http://www.fangoria.com/index.php/movies
- April 26th: SAVE THE SEEKER Tweetathon. We'll be twitting the hashtag: #SaveTheSeeker on Twitter, Thursday, April 26 to celebrate the 2nd anniversary of the Save Our Seeker campaign. Details at http://forums.legendoftheseeker.org/show
- Throughout April: Seekers on Facebook are attempting to make a Guinness World Record (with highest number of comments). They have almost 500,000 comments! Please add your comments to help them out.